Service Delivery Manager
Summary: The Service Delivery Manager is a key role within our delivery organization. The objective of the role is to drive quality product delivery, while also helping the company identify ways to improve overall delivery efficiency and team cohesion by identifying and offering suggestions for improvements in organization structure, process improvement, and conflict resolution.
The SDM is responsible for driving successful delivery of multiple concurrent projects across multiple practice areas. He/she is the lead resource responsible for overall program management, including maintaining delivery velocity, quality of deliverables, and ensuring customer satisfaction. The SDM will also be the primary coach / mentor / leader for all technical delivery staff to resolve conflicts, encourage professional growth, both in technical skill set and interpersonal communications, and improve team cohesion. The SDM will seek out and identify areas and approaches that can help the company improve our ability to improve our ability to deliver and assist in making those changes.
The successful candidate has a background in project management, probably at the level of managing other project managers in a growing organization. The SDM will have experience in project / program management in a product development shop, where the projects are typically focused on custom application development using an Agile approach. These projects should be similar to our project pipeline, including:
- Custom web application development
- Mobile development on the iOS and Android platforms
- BI / data / ETL / analytics development
- API / microservices development
- Cross-system integration
Individuals with only big box / ERP system implementation projects will not be considered. However, those with a mixture of implementation backgrounds will be considered if the person’s experience contains significant custom software development.
The Service Delivery Manager must meet the following minimum requirements:
- 5 to 7 years of direct project / program management with a proven track record of project success
- Strong understanding of the Agile development approach, with the ability to identify areas needing improvement, and implementing key changes
- A track record of strong client relationships and high customer satisfaction obtainment.
- Ability to effectively monitor and manage multiple services, Statements of Works (SOWs) and operational excellence.
- Ability to analyze data to produce and present executive level reporting for weekly operations meetings, monthly and quarterly business reviews.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience with software development services in a project management capacity.
- Exceptional analytical and process improvement skills.
- Proven experience managing resources to meet and deliver to SLAs
- Team player with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to manage resources in a matrix organization and motivate others to perform above normal expectations
- Detailed oriented with the ability to manage multiple issues at one time with exceptional follow through
- Ability to effectively manage an account P&L to meet financial performance targets and identify and develop new business opportunities within assigned accounts.
- Design Thinking training and knowledge
- Modern Technology implementations (Voice, Ar/VR, IoT, Analytics, AI)
- Travel is not expected; however, quarterly visits to US clients may be coordinated
- Ability to work independently.
- Flexible/adaptable approach to work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Self-motivated and a strong sense of ownership.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and proactive approach to daily tasks.
- Proven experience working with all levels of management, staff, clients and vendors including C-suite.
Bachelor’s Degree and/or qualification in an IT related discipline or equivalent technical and business experience.