Senior Consultant – Business Analyst
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Summary: We are looking for a seasoned Business Analyst – Senior Consultant interested in joining our consulting practice. You will be responsible for driving quality into our consulting projects and teams. You will be responsible for client satisfaction and be strong team player with a commitment to perfection.
You need to have a hunger to work across processes/methodologies, technologies, industries and approaches to be successful in this role. We are looking for true consultants who understand the importance of delivering solutions for clients.
- Work with the project manager and development team to support, maintain, and enhance two software systems.
- Manage the scope of the BA role based on overall scheduling across both systems simultaneously.
- Adapt to changes in daily work plans based on customer support needs.
- Retain detail orientation in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead requirements elicitation, analysis, and documentation for system enhancements, as well as minor updates and change requests.
- Serve as the primary liaison between internal and external users and technical resources to translate business needs into technical requirements.
- Develop meeting summaries, requirements documentation, screen designs, and other SDLC artifacts within required timeframes.
- Lead manual testing efforts for each release in dev and beta environments.
- Develop and maintain test plans and scripts for manual testing.
- Create TFS requirements work items for enhancements, change requests, and bugs; document work in TFS.
- Coordinate with the functional owner and developers to research anomalies, identify root cause, and troubleshoot through resolution.
- Capture and document metrics in support of the user acceptance testing and recommend improvements.
- Assess current testing processes; recommend and implement process improvements, including automation where practical.
- Provide estimates for testing and requirements analysis.
- Create and manage SQL queries and analyze data to respond to ad hoc requests, troubleshoot, test, or investigate anomalies, as needed.
- Comply with Division of IT Information Systems Development Methodology (ISDM) standards and formats on all work products.
- Assist in the completion of status reporting and escalation of issues to management.
- Participate as directed in activities under the direction of IT Project Sponsorship, including the respective IT Team Lead and stakeholders; perform duties delegated by the Project Manager on behalf of the department.
- 5 years of relevant technical or business work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field; Or equivalent work experience.