SQL Applications Developer – Senior Consultant
Summary: We are looking for a seasoned SQL Applications Developer– Senior Consultant interested in joining our consulting practice. You will be responsible for driving quality into our consulting projects and teams. You will be responsible for client satisfaction and be strong team player with a commitment to perfection.
You need to have a hunger to work across processes/methodologies, technologies, industries and approaches to be successful in this role. We are looking for true consultants who understand the importance of delivering solutions for clients.
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Works closely with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization’s architectural standards. Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications software that is delivered on time and within budget. Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code. Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations. Has experience in systems analysis, design and a solid understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies.
• In depth knowledge and experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 database and the Transact-SQL programming language
• Experienced in the use of Git Source Control version 2.17.0 or later
• Experience in the seamless integration of newly developed script processes with existing processes and applications
• Troubleshoots and corrects network connectivity issues; ensures secure network access; provides support and training as required and mentors staff on networking principles and operations; provides consultation to court technology
Advanced Knowledge of:
• Microsoft database application development in the SQL Server Management Studio development environment
• Microsoft Transact-SQL procedural language scripting
• stored procedures and functions using T-SQL involving both scalar and table valued parameters;
• Common Tables Expressions
• complex relational database concepts, including proper use of both normalized and de-normalized data models
• knowledge of exception handling in T-SQL
• parsing and generating XML data types
• Git version control process and workflow
• Familiarity with clean coding practices such as literate programming