Nodejs Backend Consultant
You will also be responsible for development of back-end components, connect the application with the other (often third-party) web services, and support the front-end developers by integrating their work with the Node.js application. Good understanding of front/end technologies is necessary as well. You will be responsible for the complete lifecycle of the software you create, including design, development, testing, and support. In the mentoring ro le will be responsible to teach more junior members and play an active role in addressing or helping the team with critical issues/escalation. We’re looking for professional with the willing to learn new technologies according with the challenges we face. You must be the consultant that others can count on; you are technical, you attack every problem with enthusiasm; you remove hurdles. You are a self-starter, team player, have the hunger to venture quickly into unknown areas and code and make things done.
Strategy and Management
- As an individual contributor, responsible for participating in all aspects of software development life cycle including estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation and post implementation application support.
- Able to effectively follow best practices, development guidelines and standards
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable making operational decisions and reporting results in a fast-paced growth environment
- Mentoring junior members of the team, review their code, actively contribute to team standards and engage in collaborative professional culture.
- Work closely with other developers, managers and business users to build and deliver applications.
- Ability to understand technical requirements and translate them into work products.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of proposed solutions.
- Responsible for defining, enhancing and implementing software architecture.
- Demonstrate contagious motivation to build best-of-breed software, and advocate for best practices in design of software, componentization, RESTful API integration, testing techniques.
- Frequently deliver high quality code into production using continuous delivery tools and strategies
- Embrace agile methodologies and the advantages it brings to communication, flexibility, and delivering working code.
- Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Contribute to work product estimates
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced student on computer science or systems engineering related career
- 5+ years of development experience.
- Good knowledge of frontend technologies
- Expertise in Node.js frameworks like Express.js, Hapi.js, Koa.js, Total.js, Sails.js, Meteor.js, Mean.js, Mojito.
- Proficient in writing Restful API. Knowledge of technologies like StrongLoop, LoopBack, Actionhero.js, Socket.io, Percolator, Frisby.js.
- Experience working with: Restful Services, Serverless Function (lambda), Kubernetes, Docker, MongoDB, MariaDB, AWS DocumentDB
- Expertise in Java, C# and other backend languages and frameworks is a plus
- Expert in Git and npm usage
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming and design principles. Good understanding of functional programming.
- Great creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Initiative and the ability to work independently, collaborate within a team and guide them
- Good spoken and written English is required.
- Understands and follows project and software development methodologies and processes, good grasp of the Scrum methodology.
Apply for This Position
Please fill out the information as accurate as possible.