Summary: We are looking for a Senior Scrum Master who is comfortable leading multiple Agile teams to execute with excellence. S/he is comfortable working in a fast-paced, start-up environment where the expectations are high, and scope is scaling quickly. S/he will be experienced in partnering with Product Management to lead cross-functional software delivery teams made up of both internal and external resources. In this role, you will help teams adopt and mature their practice of scrum. You will help coach and facilitate cross-team collaboration, understand and track dependencies, remove blockers and most importantly, make sure teams are happy, healthy and productive. You thrive on big challenges and fixing big problems. You approach your work with optimism, enthusiasm and an agile mindset that is infectious to those around you. You always stay focused on delivering value to the customer and improving as a team.
- Actively serve and support the Product Owner and Delivery Team in their quest to consistently meet sprint goals
- Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution as needed to make sure the team stays aligned and focused on the highest priority
- Guide the Scrum Team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and how to get the most out of self-organization
- Assess the scrum maturity of the team and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is welcome, sustainable and comfortable for the team
- Remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right people help remove the blocker
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and cascading information
- Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example. This person should personify Scrum and Agile.
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining (aka grooming) and managing the product backlog.
- Facilitate daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo, backlog grooming and retrospective ceremonies. Ensure observance of DoD (definition of done).
- Risk Management: Own tracking and mitigating risk and issues across your program track. Aggressively remove impediments that block teams progress.
- Process Management: Be one of the key change agents in the organization on the journey to Scrum development. Monitor and evaluate programmatic and operational effectiveness and provide the coaching required to make ongoing improvement.
- Communications Management: Prepare program and team reports and provide ongoing visibility into the health of your program.
- At least 3 years of experience in software development with 1- 2 years of dedicated full-time Scrum Master experience in software development.
- Very good spoken and written English is required.
- Experience being a Scrum Master on multiple Scrum teams.
- Proven track record of successfully growing and maturing teams and/or experience leading Agile transformations.
- Familiar with different agile methodologies including but not limited to Scrum, Kanban and Scaled Agile.
- Capable of leading distributed and remote teams.
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
- Strong command of JIRA, Confluence etc.
- Scrum Master experience including recent experience with mobile app development.
- Previous project management experience, preferred.
- Strong knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum strongly preferred.
- Strong technical acumen and knowledge of software development processes/procedures and ability to connect the dots between different technical tracks.
- Must be comfortable presenting in front of an audience of peers and/or senior executives.
- A strong leader and collaborator within the team, as well as with other teams.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, start-up like environment on mobile app or IT platform development.
- Energetic self-starter who can take initiative, figure things out and lead through influence rather than direct control.
- Leads through inquiry rather than advocacy.
- Certified Scrum Master and/or Certified Scrum Product Owner.
- Be able to travel periodically.
Apply for This Position
Please fill out the information as accurate as possible.