This position is responsible for the design, development, operation, and maintenance of Information Technology computer systems and software applications. Senior Software Engineer uses technical knowledge to define strategic direction within the specific discipline and to solve complex business problems, by means of a systematic and disciplined approach. This position employs software, hardware, and/or communication technologies to accomplish assignments. The Senior Software Engineer will lead and will be hands on with the team of developers responsible for building new and support existing applications.
Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills. Creative engineering balanced with high quality and a customer focus. Must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time. Strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Builds cloud-native applications as part of modernization effort.
• Builds applications following the Twelve-Factor App Methodology
• Creates RESTful APIs using Java 8+ and Spring boot
• Uses CI/CD pipeline to deploy applications.
• Uses containers in the development process.
• Integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
• Troubleshoots, debugs and upgrades existing systems.
• Ensures software is updated with latest features and industry standards.
• This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
• Solid understanding of IT estimation activities. May lead large/complex estimation activities.
• Meets expectations in meeting deadline within budget, schedule and appropriate quality.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (Master’s degree is an advantage preferred) in area of specialty, or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of experience in the field or in a related area
• Demonstrates strong knowledge and capabilities within specific area of responsibility.
• Experience in Java programming language, (Java 8 or above)
• Experience in Spring framework including SpringBoot and Spring WS
• Experience with MS SQL Server and No-SQL database such as Couchbase
• Experience developing Angular and/or Android applications.
• Experience in Docker container
• Experience in .NET Framework (C# and ASP.net and .NET MVC) and Windows Server (IIS)
• Experience with Linux shell script
• Experience in CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins and Maven/Gradle
• Experience in RESTful services and JSON
• Experience in version control system (Git)
• Experience with test-driven development
Web Development Tools
• IntelliJ / Visual Studio Code
• Chrome Debugger/Internet Explorer (IE) F12 Debugger – working developer knowledge.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Subject matter expertise in computer science, engineering or related discipline
• Able to formulate, communicate and implement technical solutions.
• Lead teams and manage project deadlines.
• Proven ability to collaborate with technical peers.
• Capable of working independently with minimal supervision. May lead or direct the work of others.
• Demonstrate a degree of creativity with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong with methodologies, tools, best practices and processes within specific area of responsibility
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Establish and complete tasks with little to no supervision.
• Able to work late evenings, nights and weekends as needed.
Our normal business hours are 9 am – 6 pm M-F. All candidates must be available to work those hours. Some weekend and overtime work may be required.
500 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 570
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
+1-800-443-5210 - International
+1-954-689-3984 - USA
Alvear 1670 - 4to Piso
Rosario, Santa Fe 2000
Tel: +54 34 1425-9172