Business Analyst – Senior Consultant
August 2, 2019
You need to have a hunger to work across processes/methodologies, technologies, industries, and approaches to be successful in this role. We are looking for true consultants who understand the importance of delivering solutions for clients.
- Work with the project manager and development team to support, maintain, and enhance two software systems.
- Manage the scope of the BA role based on overall scheduling across both systems simultaneously.
- Adapt to changes in daily work plans based on customer support needs.
- Retain detail orientation in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead requirements elicitation, analysis, and documentation for system enhancements, as well as minor updates and change requests.
- Serve as the primary liaison between internal and external users and technical resources to translate business needs into technical requirements.
- Develop meeting summaries, requirements documentation, screen designs, and other SDLC artifacts within required timeframes.
- Lead manual testing efforts for each release in dev and beta environments.
- Develop and maintain test plans and scripts for manual testing.
- Create TFS requirements work items for enhancements, change requests, and bugs; document work in TFS.
- Coordinate with the functional owner and developers to research anomalies, identify root cause, and troubleshoot through resolution.
- Capture and document metrics in support of the user acceptance testing and recommend improvements.
- Assess current testing processes; recommend and implement process improvements, including automation where practical.
- Provide estimates for testing and requirements analysis.
- Create and manage SQL queries and analyze data to respond to ad hoc requests, troubleshoot, test, or investigate anomalies, as needed.
- Comply with Division of IT Information Systems Development Methodology (ISDM) standards and formats on all work products.
- Assist in the completion of status reporting and escalation of issues to management.
- Participate as directed in activities under the direction of IT Project Sponsorship, including the respective IT Team Lead and stakeholders; perform duties delegated by the Project Manager on behalf of the department.
- 5 years of relevant technical or business work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related fields; Or equivalent work experience.
Apply for That Position
Please fill out the information as accurate as possible.