Project Manager – Senior Consultant
August 11, 2019
Summary: We are looking for a seasoned Project Manager – Senior Consultant interested in joining our consulting practice. You will be responsible for driving quality into our consulting projects and teams. You will be responsible for client satisfaction and be a strong team player with a commitment to perfection.
You need to have a hunger to work across processes/methodologies, technologies, industries, and approaches to be successful in this role. We are looking for true consultants who understand the importance of delivering solutions for clients.
- Work with all areas of Office of Information Technology Services (OITS) and project offices to categorize work and projects, set priorities, and determine short and/or long-term goals and strategies to achieve them.
- Develop work/project requests, charters, plans, schedules and status reports.
- Assign resources and estimate time requirements for tasks.
- Perform stakeholder identification and effectively manage customer relationships and communication at all levels of the organization.
- Manage and track work and projects including; schedule, scope, risks, issues, action items, decisions, and budget.
- Manage, resolve and escalate related conflicts or concerns that arise related to the project. Perform other duties as assigned.
General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Communication: Is able to clearly convey information, in both written and verbal formats, to individuals or groups in a wide variety of settings (i.e.; project team meetings, management presentations, etc.). Must have the ability to effectively listen and process information provided by others.
- Customer Service: Works well with clients and customers (i.e.; business office, public, or other agencies). Able to assess the needs of the customer, provide information or assistance to satisfy expectations or resolve a problem.
- Decision Making: Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions.
- Flexibility: Is open to change, new processes (or process improvement), and new information. Has the ability to adapt in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Ability to receive and give constructive criticism and maintain effective work relationships with others.
- Interpersonal: Shows friendliness, courtesy, understanding, and politeness to others.
- Leadership: Motivates, encourages and challenges others. Is able to adapt leadership styles in a variety of situations.
• Problem Solving: Able to identify, evaluate, and use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternative actions, and make recommendations as accordingly.
• Team Building: Encourages, inspires and guides others toward accomplishing the common goal.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Communication or other related fields.
- Completed formal training in Project Management and/or Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with the Project Management Institute (PMI) is desired.
Apply for That Position
Please fill out the information as accurate as possible.